The Lobster OST
Over two years after the release of the dystopian comedy drama The Lobster starring Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz, we are at last treated to the soundtrack of the movie.
The edgy tension and menace that pervades the movie is captured perfectly here. Restive offerings of orchestral renditions of work by composers ranging from Beethoven to Britten and from Shostakovich to Stravinsky are all included.
The soundtrack offers 10 beautiful tracks running just short of 45 minutes, and provides an opportunity for lovers of the movie, as well as those who haven’t seen the film yet, to wallow in the tense beauty captured in the movie itself.
This souvenir is only enriched by the presence of the popular and brilliant ‘Where the Wild Roses Grow’, a successful collaboration between Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Kylie Minogue, as well as the album’s closing track; Sophia Loren and Tonis Maroudas’ wonderful ‘Ti Ein Auto Pou To Lene Agapi’.
This new release is now available on transparent 12” vinyl. An excellent soundtrack.
- Juilliard String Quartet - String Quartet In F Major, Op.18, No. 1, Adagio Affettuoso Ed Appassionato (Live)
- Danae - Apo Mesa Pethamenos
- Borodin Quartet Quintet - For Piano And Strings: In Tempo di Valse
- Benjamin John Tomlin - Million $ (feat. Milla M.)
- Goldner String Quartet 3 Pieces For String Quartet No. 3
- The Tale Quartet - String Quartet No. 2: I Moderato
- Johnnie Burn - Hog Shuffle
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Kylie Minogue - Where The Wild Roses Grow
- Takács Quartet - String Quartet No. 1 In D, Op. 25: Andante Sostenuto
- Sophia Loren and Tonis Maroudas - Ti Ein Auto Pou To Lene Agapi
Released: December 2017
Cat: FROST004LPX / Fire Soundtracks/Lakeshore